Membership of the Association shall be divided into the following two kinds:-
- Life Members and
- Ordinary Members
Membership of the Association, either as Ordinary or Life Members, shall be open only to persons with the following qualifications:-
- Any Chinese who is a Malaysian citizen and of good character, living in the State of Perak and has attained the age 21; in full possession of his senses and engaged in industry, commerce, agriculture or mining under a partnership which will be governed by the Registration of Businesses 1956 Act or under a private limited company which will be governed by the Companies Act 1965. The applicant shall be a person who has not been convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to imprisonment for a term of one (1) year or more for the last preceding five (5) years prior to the date of this application for membership. The person shall comply with the provisions of the Constitution, the rules and regulations made thereunder and the resolutions passed by the Annual General Meeting and Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Association and the decision and policies formulated by the Central Committee and the Executive Committee.
- Limited companies, partnership business and corporate sector owned by Chinese or where Chinese hold the major share (51% in equity or above), carrying on business in the State of Perak.
- Branches of Chinese limited companies, partnership businesses and corporate sector in Malaysia or where Chinese hold the major share (51% in equity or above), carrying on business in the State of Perak.
- Chinese trade society in the State of Perak registered under the Societies Act and which are qualified to become members of the Association under the Societies (Amendment) Act 1981. (Membership of such trade society shall lapse on cancellation of their registration under the Act.)
- Every member shall have the right to vote and shall be eligible to hold office in the committee.
- Any application for membership of the Association must be proposed by a Member and seconded by another Member of the Association. Such application shall be submitted to the Secretariat of the Association to be posted up on the Notice Board for a period of one week before it is submitted to the Central Committee or the Executive Committee for approval.
- A candidate, whose application has been approved, shall be notified in writing and given four weeks to pay up the Entrance Fee and Annual Subscription. The eligibility of a candidate to membership shall be cancelled if the fees are not paid up in time.
- A candidate, whose application has been rejected, shall also be notified in writing, but no reason for the rejection need be given.
- A corporate member namely a business enterprise registered under the Registration of Business Act 1956 or a business enterprise incorporated under the Companies Act 1965 may apply to the Central Committee to alter its original name with its appropriate documents sanctioned by the Registrar of Business or the Registrar of Companies as the case may be. The decision of the Central Committee shall be final.
- A corporate sector member may apply to the Central Committee to change its organization or constitution if its original name is not altered. The decision of the Central Committee shall be final.
Entrance Fees & Annual Subscriptions:
On the coming into force of these articles, an individual Ordinary Member shall pay the following fees:
- An Entrance Fee of Ringgit Six Hundred only on admission.
- An Annual Subscription of Ringgit One Hundred and Fifty only, payable in full on or before 30th of June each year.
On the coming into force of these articles, corporate sector and trade society Ordinary Members shall pay the following fees:
- An Entrance Fee of Ringgit One Thousand only each on admission.
- An Annual Subscription of Ringgit Two Hundred only each, payable in full on or before 30th of June each year.
Members referred to (i) and (ii) above or new applicants for Life Membership shall pay fees as follows:
- Individual Life Members shall pay a sum of Ringgit One Thousand only and
- Corporate sector and trade society Life Members shall pay a sum of Ringgit Two Thousand only each.
- Life Members shall be exempted from payment of Entrance Fees and Annual Subscriptions.
- A New Ordinary Member shall pay the full year’s Annual Subscription irrespective of the month of admission.